Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SLACKER!!!!!

Ok so my computer will not let me log in to my blog to write or to make comments on other peoples blogs so I am sorry that I haven't updated for a long time. I'm actually at my moms right now so I decided I would update everyone on the month of April. Jay and I celebrated our 6th anniversary on the 6th of April and we went to Wendover, it was fun then on the 8th I turned 27 so that was fun. Jay and I went and took the conceiled weapons permit class my cousin Mark teaches it so we just have to mail in our stuff and then we can carry. I have a 9mm but I think its a little long to carry so I think I will get a 38 and carry that. Anyway AJ started Coach Pitch baseball, he has two games a week until the end of may. The Constable was finally able to find Zachs mom when she was checking in to a mental institution so she has 20 days to contest the papers and then he is ours but I don't think she is going to. We are going to let him stay with Matt his stepdad until school is out. Matt is a really good dad and has been in Zachs life since he was 2 so That is who Zach has known as his dad his whole life so we will probably be splitting holidays and the visits with him instead of the mom, she is a mess and Matt has their other 2 kids as well. For those of you who don't know the Zach situation we found out that Jay was possibly his dad in oct 2004 which made him 5 years old, when his mom was pregnant, jay asked her if Zach was his and she said no and always claimed he was someone else's then she decided she wanted child support so she had to have paternity tests done, when that guy wasn't the dad she came after Jay and we didn't know anything until ORS was at the door with papers. It was quite a shock and alot to deal with because Brayden was a brand new baby. Anyway we have always done standard visitation with them and Zachs mom and Matt were pretty good parents and we felt no need to step in until we got news this summer that Zachs mom was into drugs, she has been in rehabs and jail quite a bit over that last year so we felt we needed to step in and give Zach a stable home, it will be really hard at first but I think it will be best for him. So that is our month of April, I will try to not make it so long between posts!

3 comments:

Abes and Stace said...

I am so glad you posted!! I hope everything works out with Zack, I didn't know his mom was so messed up. He is lucky to have you in his life! So is the concealed weapons class taught by our very own Mark Mills? Abe and I want to get ours but have never even looked into it. You'll have to let me know how to sign up. (No we are not going to hunt! we just want to have a gun in case we ever needed it) Anyway, we need to get together soon.

Mills Family said...

WOW, you are still alive hehehe! Well that is good news about zach and that you found his mom so now you guys can get full custody of him. Yeah i think its a good idea to let him stay with matt until school ends, yes it will be hard at first but it will be the best thing for him, and its good that matt is working with you guys and being civial.

janeal said...

Melica, I was wondering what happened to you! Jamison had SO much fun playing with Brayden last week at Carol's house. He is still talking about playing baseball. I still think it's so great that you are taking Zach into your family and home. Good luck with it all!