Sunday, May 18, 2008
The Price of Gas
I just wanted to say that I can't handle gas going up any higher. Here is a little story: I bought a 1998 chevy cavalier in nov of 1998, I was a senior in high school. I still have this car, it has 182,000 miles on it but is still running (barely) anyway I filled it the other day it was just below 1/4 tank it cost me 45.50 to fill it. When I bought that car almost 10 years ago, it cost me 15 dollars to fill it, gas was 99 cents a gallon. My husbands truck costs between 75 and 80 dollars to fill. it is killing us and so i'm sure you are all feeling the same way. Down here in Nephi our roads are Atv legal so I'm thinking of buying a polaris Ranger with the 2 bench seats and cruising around town in that, if I didn't have so many kids I would buy one of those cute scooters and drive it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Boy do I hear you! We were talking about selling our truck because of the gas costs but I'm sure it would be hard to sell- plus we'd miss it too much. Mama may have to get a weekend job (if you know what I mean!!!) ha ha!!! jk
I HATE the high gas prices too. We have a Durango which averages about 12 miles/gallon. We try not to drive it too much...
I'm impressed you still have the same car you bought in 1998!
Yeah I so agree, i still have my little honda car that i bought in 96 and we were just having that same conversation with mav the other day about how cheap it used to be to fill the red honda and now it cost like 45 bucks each time it sucks.
That is hilarious about the scooter, I could totally picture you on one hehehe.
Post a Comment