Saturday, June 21, 2008

Softball




Ok for those of you who have known me a long time, you know that Basketball was my sport. Well I married a Baseball player and he loves to play, him and his dad and brother still play softball together so we go out to Wendover for a tournament every year around this time, well when they went to sign up this year it turned out that they made it a co-ed tournament. Well they automatically assume that I will play. I will say that I'm not good at all. So we get up at 4:30 in the morning to drive there so we can make sure we are there in plenty of time for our 9:oo game. I will say that is is fun to get excercise but I don't like to look like a fool. Anyway Jay is the first batter the first game and he hits then goes to run to second and slides which cuts his leg wide open. So we had to put a huge bandage on it and it was way gross. But we did ok considering that we only had 5 girls which is the minimum you need to play. we won 2 and lost 2 and I couldn't walk for two days plus we lost money at the casinos, I know big suprise!! here is a couple pics for you.don't die of shock I know I never have pictures but I actually do this time!!I'm at my in-laws and they happened to have them on there computer!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melica! I haven't talked to you or seen you in forever! It seems like you are doing really well. 2 kids, wow! That's insane. And Sarah has almost three and I have almost 1, we have all grown up. I love Nephi and I hope it goes well for you there. Thanks for looking me up, it was good to hear from you.

Abes and Stace said...

Yay! Love the update.
Abe would love it if I played softball with him - but we both know that won't ever happen!
Good job Miss Athletic.

Christensen's said...

I am jealous! Softball is my favorite sport and I wish I could play on a league. I need to do it next year. It seems like I am always pregnant which makes it hard, but I hopefully won't be for a while after this one and maybe I will get a chance.

Mills Family said...

Who are those ppl in that picture in there undies hehehe.
Yeah I saw jays leg and it was so gross and it definitley looked like it hurt.

The Estes Family said...

those guys are dave and lane, they are the entertainment when we go obviously!!

Letters-2-Lily said...

Its about time you updated your blog!! Sounds like a blast! Basketball is way better though and you know its true!!