Wednesday, June 11, 2008

VACATION

Well we went to Moab last week for my dads family reunion. It was alot of fun, when I get my pictures developed I'll add them!! We went down on thursday, we got there at about 5 and my dad and mick and mav were already there. We had a 3 bedroom condo, it was way nice, my aunt Joanne did good. My dad has 5 brothers and sisters and so every other year we get together and have a 3 day family get together, they are really fun, some of the people we don't see in between so it is always fun to see how big all the kids are and stuff. Friday we went to Dead Horse Point and looked around, it scares the hell out of me when my kids get close to the side, Jay gets so mad cause he thinks I'm gonna have our boys acting like sissy's!!! Anyway then we went back and swam for awhile, it wasn't that warm though, but the kids had fun. Then we hosted the bbq at our condo. Each sibling gets a condo for them and there kids. My aunt penny makes a video of all the pictures sent to her and the video she took from the previous reunion so it's fun to see the changes through the years. After the video I told mickele and Jay that if I ever got that fat again to pack me up and drop me off at the fat farm!! Anyway Saturday we went to Arches and hiked the delicate arch and the double arch. My dad kept telling the boys that we were going to see an elephant parade and me and mick thought he was smoking crack but sure enough the one set of rocks looks just like elephants and is called the parade of elephants. Sorry dad we thought you were up in the night!!! Then Saturday night everybody got together and visited and the kids played hide and seek. Aj made it his personal job to watch Andrea's little girl Kylie, she is so cute and AJ just loved following her around. Then we told everybody goodbye. We got up and headed home, we stopped at the pancake Haus before going home. It was pretty good, mav wasn't too impressed though. Then we took our time getting home we stopped and hunted prairie dogs, they are a little bigger than squirrels but they stand on there back legs and they sit on there butts, it's funny. Jay and I couldn't hit them though oh well. It was really fun, it's so good to see everybody plus we found out there are more bloggers out there so we can stay in better touch!!!

7 comments:

Mills Family said...

Hey punky, I will send you some pics when I get a chance to download them I have been crazy busy, this week cuz of the bowling BBQ on sat. Anyways so it will be next week but I will get them too you. There is lots of cute ones.

Christensen's said...

Melica,
Hi! How are you? Isn't it fun to get in touch with people who you haven't seen in a long time. I love blogging! How is Monica? What is she up to? It sounds like you had a good time with your Dad and his family. You will have to tell him hello from me. About a year ago I ran into Coach Schmidt. It was good to see him. I had alot of fun that year! Your family is very cute!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Sounds like a fun vacation! Makes we want to go on one-of course, it doesn't take much to make me want a vacation :). That's really cool that you guys get together every year for a reunion-it's probably a pretty big group. The condo idea is a really good idea too.

Abes and Stace said...

So its crazy that I don't have your email address - but I don't. Would you mind emailing me with it? I am changing our blog to private so I will need to email you the link to get in.
Thanks!!!

Abes and Stace said...

ps - guess you need mine! It is staceymehl@hotmail.com

Letters-2-Lily said...

I wish everyone would stop talking about the Moab trip, it sounds like everyone had too much fun while I was working!!!

Jamie said...

So fun to find another family blogger! Can't wait to keep up with you and the boys!