Sunday, May 10, 2009

Introducing




Kaden M Estes born on May 7, 2009 @ 3:54am 7 lbs. 15 oz 21 inches long. Well what a week it has been. I went to the Dr. on the 30th and he said no change but make sure if you get in a contraction pattern to come right up so they can check you. So Friday night sure enough got in a good contraction pattern and went up again to be told the same thing no change. So by this time I'm thinking ok I need to just learn to deal with the pain and I'm sure I'll know the difference when it's time. We finished getting moved and I tried to just take it easy. Wednesday was just a bad day. I felt awful, cried over everything and just wasn't myself. We had Baseball games of course so I was sitting in the car and had been dealing with pretty good contractions all day. I finally decided that this had to be it. I told Jay I would just go and I would call him if they kept me so I left and drove about 10 minutes and couldn't drive anymore. He called to tell me he was right behind me with the kids so we pulled over and got into one car and headed up there. Jay's brother met us and took the kids to his parents and we went in and the nurse said oh your only a 4+ you haven't changed that much but we are going to monitor you for awhile because your contractions are pretty close. I was timing them at 4 minutes the whole ride. So another hour goes by and she comes in again and says no change but the Dr. on call will be here in an hour and wants to check you. So we wait another hour and I tell Jay if this isn't it then do you think they can just send me home with my epidural because I can't imagine them getting much worse! Well the Dr. comes in and asks me if I think I'm in Labor and of course I told him yes so he checked me and was not letting me go anywhere because I was a 5+. They moved me and I got my Epidural and then he decided to break my water around 1 am and then we had a baby at 3:54 am. Everything went really good and we were so shocked when they said how big he was because he is 4 weeks early. He has had some problems with his blood sugar and we have a billi bed here at home for his Jaundice but other than that he is just fine. I feel really good too, alot better than I did after my other two. He has tons of black hair, it is so cute I have some better pictures that I will post later but here is a few. I'm just so glad he's here safe.

13 comments:

Abes and Stace said...

Yay! Look at you, posting just a few days after having a baby. :)
I'm glad he's doing so good. I was thinking about you all weekend.
Let me know when you are up for a visit and I'll drive my butt down and see ya.
Love you.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Congrats! He is a cute one!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad he has finally arrived. He is so adorable, I hope his new few weeks are easier on my than his last few.

The Bunnell's said...

He looks perfect! What "big" brothers he has has to help take care of him. I am gald that you are home and that all went well. I hope to see him soon!

The Christensens said...

Congrats Melica- glad things went well!!! Love all of his dark hair!

Nicole said...

Congrats!! He is so cute. I can't believe how big he is either. Imagine how big he would have been in another weeks!!

The Felix Family said...

CONGRATS!! I am so glad he is here and doing well. He is so cute and I love the name Kaden. I hope his Jaundice levels stay good and you all get into the swing of things!

Letters-2-Lily said...

Oh I miss him already! Glad everything is going good!! Hope to see you soon.

Jamie said...

Heck Im glad he was early since he was pretty big for 4 wks early!
He sure is a cutie!!!!!!!

Joanne said...

So glad I checked you blog!! I hadn't heard you had him... He is sooo cute! I can't wait to meet him. I am glad he is here safe, and i am glad to hear you are all moved! Now maybe you can relax a little! Hope you are getting some rest. Love ya

The Erickson Family said...

Congrats! What a cutie! I love all that hair! Im glad you are doing well. 3 boys! wow! They are all so cute! Love ya!

Jackie Johnson said...

Congrats on the new addition Melica! I am so glad he came out big and healthy - I was worried when both you and Mindy were having your babies early, but clearly, it was meant to be since they are both healthy. He looks beautiful, and I am glad you are back home resting easy.

Take care!

Christensen's said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! I am sorry you were having labor pains for so long. I am sure now that it is over you would say it was worth it. About two months ago you signed up to recieve a free gift from me. Sorry it has taken me so long, but I want to take some pictures of your new baby if you are ever around Orem area. Let me know. If not, I will have to send you something lame like some of my favorite recipes or something. Congrats and let me know!