Wednesday, April 29, 2009
False Alarm
This pregnancy has been so uneventful, which is something I'm not used to. With Aj I retained so much water they watched me really close for preeclampsia, and I was huge!! With Brayden it was just a nightmare from 25 weeks on. I got gestational diabetes and kidney stones. This pregnancy has been just fine, I was sick at first, Felt pretty good 2nd trimester, haven't gained too much weight and it has mostly been in my belly anyway, Then once 3rd trimester hit I started getting more tired, so it's basically been a text book pregnancy. About 2 weeks ago I started having contractions, nothing terrible just enough to be annoying. I figured it's my 3rd baby and braxton hicks are much more common with 2nd and 3rd pregnancies. A couple of nights we almost went to the hospital because they got in regular patterns but we decided to wait. Well I went to my Doctor on Friday and told him I had been contracting so he decided to check me and I was a 2 and 70% already! At 34 weeks, so the doctor starts looking in my chart and talking about how big my other babies were and giving me restrictions. As I'm sitting there thinking, I am not ready. We are in a big mess, trying to move and I still need to go buy some baby stuff to get him home. So I stopped at Target on the way home and got a few things and then I went home and sat down a while. I had to take Zach up to Provo to meet his Grandma and I told Jay to meet us at Chilis so we could use our gift card. WE ate at chilis and then Jay wanted to go to Cabela's. We got in one car and wondered around there awhile. Now you all know I can out shop anyone, except my mother. I can shop all day and all night. Well I lasted about 20 minutes and told Jay I was going to the car. The contractions started up good so we headed to the hospital and they were very consistent on the monitor. They gave me a shot which I hate, they make you feel so crappy. They checked me and no change so they sent me home. SO I rested over the weekend and by Sunday night they were back, I dealt with them awhile but by Monday afternoon I was ready to go up again. My mom was already coming to watch the kids because Jay was going to Wyoming and I was going to Weight Watchers. Well we went to the Hospital again. When I got there the contractions were very consistent and I was a 3+ and 70%. So they gave me a shot of course but it didn't work, gave me another one and it didn't work. They check me again and I'm a 4 so this time I'm thinking ok he's coming so get ready. They call the Doctor on call and he comes and talks to me. They monitor me for another hour and check again, no change so they say stay close but we arn't admitting you. Part of me was relieved but the selfish part thought, I don't want to feel this way for another week. So we stayed at a motel and went and got checked again yesterday and no change even though the contractions were consistent. So he's still in there which I'm glad for but I'm very miserable sitting at a 4 and trying to be careful but really wanting to just get him here. So I'm sure that by next week I will be posting about a baby. I go see my doctor again tomorrow and I'm sure we'll have some answers. Sorry about the long post with no pictures but it has been very eventful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Yikes! You have to try and hold out for a couple more weeks :). I know that sounds miserable though! My sister walked around at a 5 for a couple of weeks on her last baby. Crazy. Good luck with everything.
Oh this makes me so excited!! I am sorry its so annoying and I hope the baby is a good size. I am going to be anxiously awaiting a abay post from you now!! Good luck!!
I don't think you'll make it to next week sis! Sorry but I'm voting Saturday!! I guess we will see, I'm excited for another nephew.
What a silly baby! He just wants to make a grand entrance.
I guess when they are ready to come...they are gonna come.
Stay rested..I hope ya last a little longer :)
Holy crap girl! I had no idea! I am off work tomorrow if you want some company. :)
Good luck with everything and text me when you have him so I can come see you.
Hang in there!! Gets lot of rest (if you can) and keep us posted. Good luck!!
That would be crazy if he came this early! Were any of your other kids early like this? Good luck with everything!
Sounds like you're looking at an early baby! Lots of ladies are going to be jealous...Good luck with everything!
I'm so sorry. He is just so excited to come out and meet everyone. Try to hang in there a little longer. The longer they bake the better :) I wish you still lived up here so I could help you. Keep us posted.
Good luck!!! Sounds like you've been busy. I am sure that it is hard not to do much. I hope he is heathly and everything goes well with delivery!
Post a Comment