Thursday, December 10, 2009
Off the Planet
At least thats what it has felt like. I just got the Internet back today and I feel like I'm reconnected to the world!!! For those of you who don't know, we moved again. This time it was a big move though. We moved back up North, not too far from where we lived before. We were really struggling financially in Nephi and we had some opportunities come up that we felt were a good move for us. We are renting a really nice 4 bedroom home and it's in a great neighborhood. When we arrived with our moving truck there was about 8 men from the ward waiting to help us unload, it was great. Jay is working for UDOT plowing snow and doing other maintenance things and I'm back at Red Robin which I love. I don't know what it is about that place but I hope I work there til I'm 90!!! Well here is the big surprise... No I'm not Pregnant :) Jay and Aj got Baptised in the LDS church the night before Thanksgiving. For those of you who know us well, we haven't exactly been church goers for our entire marriage. Jay was actually raised Catholic, Well when we moved to our house in Nephi we got in a really good neighborhood and the kids had already taken some interest in doing church activities. I had always tried to do visit teaching and take meals for people etc. Well we decided our family needed some positive changes and so Jay came to me and said he would be willing to take the missionary discussions. I figured we would get through one or two and that would be enough. It was amazing how we didn't even have to call them because about a week later they showed up in our neighborhood, they are truly called of god and the spirit leads them to where they need to be. Every week they came and taught a new lesson, Aj loved every minute of it and was totally ready to be baptised which worked out perfect because he turned 8 in October. We started going to church, I never once had to ask Jay if he would go, he just got ready and went. It was amazing. We went to a baptism prep for the 8 year old kids and their parents and Aj decided he wanted to be baptised at the next stake baptism. A couple days later Jay and I were talking and he said that he felt like him and Aj should be baptised together. With the move coming up we called the missionaries and asked if we could have it the next week and they arranged everything and it was done. What an amazing night it was. The difference in our home has just been wonderful, It has been a little hard, we don't have any support from his side of the family but thats ok, he is ok with that. I'm just so glad that he has chosen to do this for himself. I did not once make the appointments with the missionaries, never expected him to go to church and I didn't push him into the font either!! This has all been him and that is what has made it so special to me. I'm so glad we have chosen this path and I believe we will be blessed because of it, we are going to continue to work together so that we can go to the temple, that is also is idea, even though its always been my want. So That is what the Estes family has been up to, and now that I have my computer back I will try to blog a little more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
How neat!! What some wonderful and exciting things have been taking place in your family. It will be awesome when you can go to the Temple as be sealed!!!
Congrats to Jay, AJ and the whole family! You need to do what is right for you and your family, regardless of what others think. I have been in the same situation as you, and believe me, it goes a long way to know that you did not push, force, coerce, etc. his decision. Things just 'happen' to work out, almost as if there was a bigger hand in things... Hmmmm.... ;)
God Bless!
That is exciting news! It brought tears to my eyes...I love when the spirit makes good things happen. Congrats! It will be a very special day when you can go to the temple with your family! Good luck in your preparations.
Congratulations!! That is so awesome!! What an amazing thing and I bet it was so special for the two of them. It will also be special when Jay can baptize your other two boys! I am so happy for you guys and I hope you like being back up north.
Hey Mel! Glad you got all moved and settled.
Let me know when Becky Ann is in town. It would be fun to see you guys!
We need to get together as families sometime too. Let the hubby's socialize a little and let the kiddos play.
Talk to you soon!
Oh, that makes me so happy. Congratulations!! Isn't it wonderful how Heavenly Father works. I hope your move works out for you.
am seriously in tears right now! That is absolutly amazing! I am so happy for you and jay and the whole family! That is just so awsome! I better get an invite when you go to the temple!!!
This post made me cry. I'm so happy for you, what wonderful changes for your family.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. What a great memory for AJ to have been able to share that special day with his dad. I am so soory that we did not get to see you when we were up. Hopefully next time.
That is great news! Tell Jay Congratulations from the Lopez Family!
Thanks for much for sharing your families experiences! You are an amazing family! Mel, you are such a wonderful hard working mom!
Congratulations! I'm thrilled to read such wonderful news!
I'm so happy for you and your family! Someone is watching over you for sure.
So excited for you guys! (And so excited I found your blog :)) Looking forward to seeing you in a few months!
Post a Comment