Monday, September 27, 2010

Introducing.....











Mckenna Estes was born Sunday, Sept 12, 2010 at 2:27pm. She weighed 6lbs 13 oz and was 19 inches long. For those of you who have followed my pregnancy on Storknet.com, you know this has not been one of those wonderful experiences for me, but thats ok. I think part of it has to do with the fact that my body probably wasn't ready to go through another pregnancy considering that Kaden is only 16 months old. Anyway I had gestational Diabetes really bad. So bad that I had to start injecting myself with 2 different kinds of insulin, not fun. Anyway this is a really long story so I will try to cut it as short as possible. I had to see my regular dr once a week and go to perinatology twice a week for NON Stress Tests. So I was a busy girl. When I went on the 31st of Aug, I was registering alot of contractions, which was fairly normal but these ones were pretty intense, the nurse decided to check me and I was already a 3 and 70% effaced. She said to make sure if they got any worse to go to Labor and Delivery. Jay was working out of town at the time. I saw my Dr the next day and I hadn't changed so that was good. By Friday I was hurting pretty bad so Jay came home and we went to Labor and Delivery. They kept me over night but I didn't change enough to keep me, which was ok because we were still pretty early. The Dr decided to keep my Oct 13th due date, so I was only just over 34 weeks. Jay was not feeling well at all. I wont go into too much detail, but lets just say he was spending most of his time in the bathroom. By Monday which was labor day, he looked like he was going to die. I'm not exaggerating at all, he had no color in his face and he had lost at least 10 pounds in about 5 days. We went to the ER and the started an IV with fluids and gave him some anti nausea medicine, that didn't work. They did some blood work which came back ok and they had him do another culture that they told us they would have results in a few days. They called the next evening and told him they didn't have the culture back yet but they were going to schedule him a colonoscopy, because they thought he possibly had colon cancer. Yes the stupid DR told my husband that over the phone. So here we are, about to have a baby, number 4 and neither one of us are 30 yet and he possibly has Colon cancer. I was imagining what my life was going to be like as a widow, with 4 kids under 9. How much time do we really have, is Heavenly Father really going to take him from me now after all we are working for. Are we even going to have the time to get to the temple? What am I going to tell my kids? Will Mckenna and Kaden even remember him. Anyway it was a very emotional week for both of us and then it didn't help that he really wasn't getting much better. Sept 11th came and we had Aj's football game, the DR's had scheduled Jays procedure for Monday, the 13th. We went to dinner after Aj's game and then I went to Wal mart to get a few things so Jay could get ready for Monday. His parents were going to take care of the kids Sunday so I could continue to take care of him. By the time I got back from Wal Mart I didn't feel very good. Just normal pregnant stuff, back ache, tired. So I went to bed about 10 and by 12:30 I was sick. Very crampy, had a bad fever and chills, not normal pregnant stuff. At 2:30 I decided to go to the hospital, I told Jay to stay with the kids and then if something was really wrong I would call and he could have his parents come over. I got to Labor and Delivery and my fever was 102 and of course I was registering contractions. The nurse asked me some weird questions and then she called my Dr who immediately got out of bed and came to see me. She moved me to a room but wouldn't really say what was going on. The Dr asked me about my last few hours and I told him all about it, and his response was, I'm going to induce you, the symptoms are those of Corio, which is an infection in the amniotic fluid, the symptoms will go away from you as soon as you deliver and the baby will be ok, she will need antibiotics and maybe some help breathing since she is only 35 weeks. They started the pitocin about 6, and she was here at 2:27pm. It was a harder labor than my last two and she was face up so that didn't help either. She had a few breathing problems, and so the admitted her to the NICU. My symptoms didn't go away. I kept spiking fevers and having alot of pain. Jay of course had to cancel his procedure. The Dr started running tests on my blood and was told if I would have waited another day, I would have had Sepsis and been in the ICU. Mckenna was improving alot and her blood tests all came back normal. Jay got a letter in the mail from the Health Dept wanting to talk to him about his Salmonella illness. To make a long story short, the stupid hospital told us that my husband was dying, then got his culture back saying it was salmonella and didn't bother to call us and let us know. Because I took care of him and cleaned up after him and share a bed with him, I got it from him and it was in my blood, so I got way sick and that is why they started me. Mckenna was in the NICU for 8 days and I was in the hospital for 5, then I boarded with her the last couple days. She is so beautiful and we were so blessed that it was only stupid Salmonella that Jay got out of town. We are so grateful that she is here and we are all well!!

10 comments:

The Felix Family said...

Oh My Gosh..I was wondering what the whole story was. I would get bits and pieces from Facebook, but I didn't realize all of that was going on. I Am so glad EVERYTHING worked out ok. I am go glad Mckenna is healthy and Jay is healthy and you are doing good also. What a crazy time!!! She is beautiful and I bet it will be a blast finally having a little girl!

Nicole said...

Wow! I knew parts of the story, but not all of it! What a horrible ordeal. I am so happy that everything worked out! She is absolutely beautiful.

Jamie said...

Oh My! This was not an easy experience, but what a wonderful, beautiful little girl you have. I'm guessing she is worth every bit of stress and bother.

My love to you all.

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

She is precious! I am so glad you guys finally got your little girl :) Can't wait to meet her...Kenley is so excited to hold her newest cousin!

Christensen's said...

Wow! What a roller-coaster. I am glad that everyone is fine. Congrats on the baby. She is sooooooooo adorable! I love her dark hair...gorgeous!

Jodi said...

What a story! I am glad everything worked out in the end. And you got a beautiful little girl out of all that madness. :)

Letters-2-Lily said...

So glad everything is well! She is just too stinkin cute, pictures dont do justice! I cant wait to see her again!

Joanne said...

oh my! I didn't know any of this, I am so glad you are all ok. what a scary time ..One thing you can never doubt, is that you are blessed. She is a beautiful baby. Hope you can rest and just enjoy being a new mom

Mills Family said...

Glad you guys are all home and doing well, and she is so precious and such a cutie!

The Bunnell's said...

Wow! I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that. I am so sorry but I am glad that everything turned out ok. She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. I am so happy that you have a beautiful girl to spoil and dress up. Congratulations!