Monday, October 20, 2008

The New Car

Well it finally happened, my little white car has been a time bomb for quite awhile. My mom needed me to go stay in Salina with the elderly lady she takes care of so I went last Tuesday night. I finished up in the morning and left, my car had had trouble starting the day before so i'm talking to Jay on the phone and i'm telling him that is doesn't sound very good right after i say that I hear a big bang and then smoke so I hurry and pull over and get out cause I'm picturing in my mind a huge explosion!! well it didn't explode but i was on the side of the road 55 miles from home so Jay said he would be on his way and I called my mom cause she was a little closer, she came and rescued me and we met Jay. He looked at and said it wasn't fixable. I was cheering inside but also stressed because I knew that meant we needed a new one. We have been saving a little but were hoping to get through christmas before we bought a new one. So we called the bank and I started looking. We have been looking for the last while so I kindof had an idea of what i wanted. I really like Toyota Highlanders and Rav4s but they are on the higher end of price I had also seen Chrysler pacificas and i really liked the way they looked. I didn't want to get a big engine and I certainly can't talk my husband into a mini van. Well I found an 05 pacifica it's white, with dark leather interior and in really good shape it was down here at a dealership in Richfield and the main guy dated my mom in high school so he gave us a really good deal. It seats six very comfortably and we are really happy with it. in other news things are going good with the pregnancy as far as I know I've been pretty sick but not too bad I go to my first appt on nov 5th and I'll be 10 weeks then so I'll keep you posted!!

4 comments:

Abes and Stace said...

Pictures, we need pictures!
I can't believe you wanted a mini van. There is something wrong with that- you are only 27 girl!
I am happy for you. New cars are so much fun.

Mills Family said...

Well that old car of yours really lasted you along time it had been through alot and it was just its time to go. K I can't wait to see the new car.

Jamie said...

A new car! Fun! You'll have to post pictures - and once the baby arrives you'll officially have a car-full

Laurel said...

Hey! Yay for a baby! Too bad about the car (that was sarcastic) but congratulations! We also broke down and got a minivan and I must say I like it lots better than that old piece of junk!