Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Biggest Pet Peeve

I need to talk about the Irony that I have experienced with this pregnancy. I will first tell you a little history on the subject I'm going to talk about. I'm a very light sleeper, always have been. It has its advantages and Disadvantages. So any noise at night I can hear. My husband doesn't snore which is a really good thing because that my friends is my biggest pet peeve! Every once in awhile he will breathe kindof loud if he is flat on his back so I kindly kick him and tell him to roll over. When I was a child we would go to my Grandpa Mills house on weekends and he had two beds in his spare bedroom. I quickly learned that I got much more sleep on the pull out couch in the living because no one snores as loud as my dad!!! Love him to death but going on family trips meant staying in a motel which meant listening to him all night. One time I went to my aunt Carlas and the cousins and I stayed up way late playing Hotels. For those of you who don't know that game its like monopoly only takes about 4 hours longer. Anyway I stayed at her house, since she had all boys I shared a room with my Grandpa's girlfriend Barbara, Loved her to death too but she could snore louder than my dad any day. I also have a 7 year old that snores a little too so I can't sleep in the same room as him. Well a few weeks ago my husband says to me " you have been snoring the last two nights" What? I have never snored the reason I know this is because I Have asked various people like aunts cousins friends, anyone I have shared a room with my whole life if I do just so I can make sure I don't. So Jay proceeds to tell me that it only happened a couple times, he was so nice and reminded me that I'm pregnant and really tired so he was sure thats why. So then every morning I ask him if I snore because it drives me crazy and most peoples pet peeves are something that they totally avoid doing. I wake up Thursday morning to Jay's alarm at 7:00, from a very sound sleep. roll over to tell him to turn it off and he is not there. I know he's home because his alarm is his phone. So I go down stairs and he is asleep on the couch. Well come to find out I was snoring so loud that I woke him up and he couldn't go back to sleep. So I must have been very loud because he is a very deep sleeper. So isn't it Ironic that the very thing that bugs me the most in life I now do and bug other people. My poor husband can't even sleep in our bed and he is too nice to wake me up. I hope it goes away after I have the baby other wise I think I will have to get those strips or something because I cannot do that! By the way we find out what we are having January 6th!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so funny! I snore with my pregnancies too and Trav sleeps in the other room a lot of nights. And by the way, the nose strips, don't help!!! (When you're pregnant anyway.)

Letters-2-Lily said...

Josh has told me recently that I've been snoring lately! I didn't believe him so he recorded me, it was bad! I'm not pregnant so I don't have an excuse!

Abes and Stace said...

How funny Mel! I can hear you now . . .
Can you believe Christmas is already almost here?
Talk to you soon. :)
PS. Don't shoot the messenger, but have you checked the Chinese gender chart?

The Felix Family said...

That makes me laugh!! I didn't know your dad snores. That's funny!! I totally know what you mean when you say that grandpa and Barbara both snored. They were the WORST!!!! I think Barbara could out snore grandpa though!!

Mills Family said...

Hey don't feel so bad cuz I snore now also, I never used to snore before I was pregnant, unless I had like a bad cold then I sometimes would but now I do almost every night, your dad recorded me cuz I didn't believe him yeah it was pretty loud and pretty funny. Oh yeah and yeah does your dad snore I have to beat the hell out of him every night to get him to stop hehehehe.

Christensen's said...

I am excited to find out what you are having! Merry Christmas!