Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Sacrifices
Well Thanks to the BOOMING Economy and putting our trust into certain people that wern't trustworthy we have had a pretty shaky few months. The Taxidermy business didn't take in very much this year because people couldn't afford to have their stuff mounted. The guiding on the ranch ended and the promise of some money owed to Jay never came through we have been left with basically no source of income. Trying to collect money from people for their mounts has been impossible and it seems like everything has come crashing down. Jay has been trying to find something since November and nothing has come up. Until now, Jay has a friend who works at a place in Wyoming that has to do with oil but I think they do stuff after the oil is drilled, anyway Jay applied up there and they just offered him a job. He will work 14 days and be home 7, when he is home he will finish up the taxidermy he still has and then he will go back to just doing that for friends and family, he loves taxidermy but we have learned the hard way that you have to take alot of it in and not have so much overhead to pay for or you can't profit from it. Anyway this job pays good but it is really hard work not to mention its in another state. When I first heard about the job I was really excited because I thought oh we can get caught up and get some money saved and be in a house before the baby is born. Then when he got the job all I can think about is how hard its going to be to have him gone that much. He has spoiled me with this pregnancy beacuse he takes the kids to school in the morning and if its snowing he drives me everywhere, he watches for me to pull up from the grocery store and carries everything in, he's always done that but I usually had to ask. Anyway I have become so dependant on him that I know its going to be really hard but I know that we have no other choice at this point. We are going to tuff it out until the baby comes and he is going to continue to look for other jobs close by, if he can't find one then I think the best thing for our family would be to move to Evanston. But for now we'll just see how it goes. The job has great benefits which is nice, things I have truly missed and worried about since we became self employed. I'm just so greatful that I have a husband who will do whatever it takes to make sure his family is taken care of, he's always worked so hard so we can take care of our kids and these days it seems like it is getting really hard I know so many people that have lost jobs and homes and it is just so sad. So I hope that everyone who reads this is doing ok and hopefully soon it will improve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Oh that sucks Mel! I'm sorry.
At least you have the WY job lined up as a backup so you don't have to worry about a paycheck. And hey - if he does end up keeping that job, you could always just live in Kamas or Oakley or Park City or something and it wouldn't be too long of a drive for him. Meet you at the outlets!
Feel better now? :) jk
Love ya.
The economy sure is difficult right now, I'm so glad Jay found a good job. I'm sure it will be hard to have him away, but you'll all make it work.
Good luck with the new job. I know full well what it feels like being apart right now. Its great he has found such a good job, but your right it will be a sacrifice. Good luck. You're an awesome wife!!
I am glad to hear that he at least has something. I hope that he finds something close by soon. We will keep you in our prayers. Congrats on the boy! Email me your email address so I can add you, I have gone private on my blog. sbob33@hotmail.com
I am a nerd. You already sent me your email. Thanks!
Sorry about the rough time you're going through. If you need anything at all, please let me know.
Glad things are looking up! I wish they had a job like that thats close by, so that Josh could make more money. But we are glad we dodged all the layoffs!! That would suck if you had to move!
Post a Comment