Thursday, January 22, 2009

A song

ok so I know I'm not the only one this happens to you'll be driving down the road or watching an old movie or tv commercial and you'll hear a song that reminds you of something that happened a long time ago, good or bad. Well today I was listening to the radio and dropped Brayden off at school and "she's got the look" by Roxette came on. I can't remember the last time I heard this song. It will always hold a special place in my heart because when I was in the 5th grade we carpooled with the Tebbs and the Holts. Tyler Holt and I were always really good friends and they had the nicest cars ever. At this particular time they had a bright red Eclipse. Now remember this was in like 1992 and that car was brand new. I felt like a movie star pulling into school. Well it was one of the first cars I remember that had a CD player in it!! I know I'm old anyway they had the Roxette CD and we would listen to that song everytime it was their turn to drive so I changed my song on my blog to that one so enjoy listening to a blast from my past while you read this!!!!

5 comments:

Abes and Stace said...

So funny! I am just picturing you now, climing out of that car with the song blasting, hair blowing in the wind . . . carrying your trapper keeper and wearing your black nikes . . . :)
It is funny what you remember when you are young. Great post.

Mills Family said...

Oh that song brings back so many memories. It is on our jukebox at my mom's house and we used to go down stairs and play that song over and over and pretend we were the Roxettes and put on a concert, how funny is that, that one song can bring back so many memories.

janeal said...

Yeah, that song reminds me of Carol's basement... Mickele, if I remember right, we were always the singers, Shane was a guitarist and Jason was always on the drums. :)

I love that songs can make me remember times I probably would have forgotten about otherwise!

Christensen's said...

I love music for that reason!

Jamie said...

Love that song!!!
p.s. if U think U are old, what does that make me?? (wink) :)