Monday, March 2, 2009

Crazy Week

Well we have had quite the week, Last Thursday feb 19th, we went to the Draper Temple Open House. Jay was out of town so I took the Boys and my Mom and Grandma and Mav met us there. It was beautiful and I was so impressed with how organized it was. My kids were so good they didn't leave my side and whispered if they had a question. Aj's favorite things of course was the baptismal font and the elk and cougar paintings on the wall. Braydens was the chandelier in the Celestial Room. After that we met Monica and Josh at Texas Roadhouse and had dinner to celebrate Mav's Birthday. Sunday we were just Lazy and I got a little house work done because I had been sick most the week so I had a little catching up to do. Brayden fell asleep in the middle of the day on the couch and when he woke up he was super warm and very lethargic. I figured I better take him in to get checked out, so I loaded up the kids alone still and went to the ER in Nephi. Most people just cringe when they hear ER because they take so long but the one down here isn't very busy so it's really not too bad. Well they started running tests for RSV, and Strep and Influenza, then they did a chest x-ray. Brayden was really good about going with the tech by himself since I can't be in there being pregnant. But he did tell the Tech that he was getting a brother but wanted a sister! I thought he was over that but I guess not!! Well they found Pneumonia in his right lung so they gave him a shot of antibiotic and gave me two prescriptions to take home. Then I was told to follow up with the DR on Tuesday in the clinic. So I call Monday morning and leave a message for them to call me to schedule an appointment. I wait a while and don't hear anything so I tried 5 times Monday and got no one. He seemed to be improving but we had been up both Saturday and Sunday nights, followed by Monday night. So I call Tuesday morning and the Nurse was very rude and told me how busy they were and wouldn't be able to see him. Now keep in mind that I have worked in a DR.'s office and I know that when there is someone who needs to be seen the Dr will see them even if it's during Lunch. So she transfers me to another DR. and surprise I get a voicemail again so I leave a message and by this time I feel like Brayden is worse than he was Sunday. So back to the ER we go. We Weren't there 20 minutes and they decided to admit him. So I call my Mom, she's only an hour away to get school kids and then I call Jay and finally get a hold of him and they had decided to send him home for the week even before he heard about Brayden so I was relieved. We spent two nights in the Hospital and he is back to his old self again. Jay and I have spent no time together so we took the kids Friday night and went to Lobster Fest at Red Lobster and it was amazing!! Then his parents offered to keep the kids Saturday night and we went out to Wendover. Now I love Wendover, we haven't been since the summer so I was really excited. Most of you know how it goes out there, you always plan on losing money. Well this time it wasn't the case. Anything I played I won, and not just a little, it was alot!! We went down and planned to spend 300 dollars including our room and food and ended up leaving there with 1500 dollars and the casino paid for our food the whole time because they gave me comps. It was really fun, and nice to have a break. Then I got to see and hold my baby brothers yesterday too!! They are so sweet and so little it cracks me up. You always forget how little they are til you hold them! But then it was back to reality today. Jay had to go back to Wyoming and I was not ok with it. I have my Diabetes test on Friday so I'm hoping I wont have it this time because it wasn't fun last time. So that is our long eventful week!!!

4 comments:

janeal said...

Wow, you had more excitement in a week then I've had in months!

I can't believe Brayden got so sick! Why did they decide to admit him? Was it still the pnemonia? I'm glad he's feeling better.

And way to go for winning all that money in Wendover!!! I never win when we got to Vegas or anything either(although that's probably because I stick to the nickel slots. Coming home $1500 richer would be a nice surprise.

Good luck with the diabetes test, keep us posted!

Christensen's said...

I have been wanting to go to the open house. I need to do that. I am sorry to hear that Brayden had pnemonia! That is no fun! Two of my kids have had ear infections this month.

Nicole said...

Wow. You did have a crazy week! Glad your little guy is doing better. Good luck on the glucose test.

Letters-2-Lily said...

Glad all is well sometimes being out of the normal scene is so hard!! Good luck with the test on Friday. Call me soon so we can figure out the hair thing.