Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How did we get here?






Do you ever look at your kids baby pictures and wonder where the time went? I think most of my issues are because I'm extremely emotional due to hormones but last night I just cried and cried over both my kids baby pictures. Brayden's preschool teacher asked us to send a baby picture and a little note talking about how they got their name. Jay played baseball at Weber State with a guy named Brady and he was such a good kid and that was basically how we came up with his name, so I was going through my scrapbooks to find a baby picture to send and I have tons of baby pictures of Aj and the more I looked at them it made me sad in a way because also on the table I had the short stories that he has been writing at school. So jay came home I asked him how did we go from this baby to this little boy who reads and writes and loses teeth. Then as I looked at Brayden's pictures I started feeling the same way. I still consider him my baby but he is almost 4 1/2 and you see the baby pictures of him and he is so big too. The funny part was looking at pictures of Jay and I. Jay was 19 and I was 20 when we had Aj, and really he looks like hes 16 in half the pictures! It will be fun to see what this baby looks like, I don't think Aj and Brayden look that much alike so it will be interesting to see if he is a mix or looks more like one or the other!

8 comments:

Abes and Stace said...

Oh you are so funny. Don't you know that nighttime brings out the emotions in women -especially pregnant women. It is sad to have the babes grow up! I say take as many pictures and videos as you can because then you'll remember more of it. Otherwise, it's all just a blur.
It goes way too fast!

Nicole said...

Such cute kids! Isn't it amazing how time flies?

The Felix Family said...

That is kind of how I felt going through our old picture. Crazy how fast we all grow up. fififffufufiufuif598t6 (sorry Kylie insisted on typing) That is of the funnest parts about being pregnant anticipating how the new baby will be.

Christensen's said...

I didn't realize that you were only twenty when you had your first...crazy! I can understand why you would cry while looking at baby pictures. I can't believe how fast they grow up. It makes me sad sometimes too!

The Erickson Family said...

I know exactly how ya feel! It is so sad to see them grow up but so fun too.I absolutly dread the day macie goes to kindergaten! I only have 1 year left! I just want to keep them at home forever! I remember when bri was first born feeling like i couldnt wait till she wass like 6 months just so I could sleep and we would be adjusted and now im so sad i wished that away cuz it goes so fast! Im so happy you found my blog too! I think about you and miss you and am so glad to be able to see what you guys are up to! love ya! Kacie

Letters-2-Lily said...

Oh they are getting so big, its sad:( They sure are cute though! And growing up to be great kids.

Jenny and Jake said...

Gotta love those pregnancy horomones! Your kids are so cute! I agree with you on time flying, Madison has grown up so much! It will be even more evident when baby #2 arrives. Hopefullly sooner than later, I am pretty uncomfortable:)

Abes and Stace said...

Hey so I canceled my facebook account. I was wasting too much time on it and finally I wondered why in the world I cared so much about what was going on with everyone else when I had 2 little ones getting the shaft while I sat and played online.
A bit extreme I know, but oh well. :)