Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Newspaper


One of the fun things about living in a small town is that not a whole lot goes on down here so the Newspaper only comes once a week. They cover things like 1st birthday and weddings, anything that is going on at the schools and sports no matter what age. Well it's teacher appreciation week so I have been running around crazy getting everyting together for Aj's class. Not to mention that since the weather was bad last week we have 3 games this week instead of just 2. So Monday night I went and set up the weight watchers meeting, met Jay at Braydens game and he took Aj to his, then Brayden and I had to go back to weight watchers after the game. Then Last night we had 3 games all at 5 oclock and Jay didn't get back from Evanston til 6:30. Thank goodness my inlaws came down to help me and Zachs Step Dad came to his game. Anyway so Baseball is in full swing at my house. Back to the newspaper, I went to the gas station today to get a drink and Brayden a treat and on the front page of the newspaper is one of Brayden's Tee Ball Teammates hitting. So I look at the picture closer and sure enough there is my Brayden sitting in the dugout in the back of the picture!! I was so excited and so was he. They didn't list names or anything but it is so fun to get the paper and see the kids getting attention and being able to read about something besides how bad the economy is or how much crime is out there. Aj will be in the paper next week because he took 5th place in the school spelling bee, so I will be posting about that as well. Sometimes I really have not nice things to say about this small town but it's things like this that remind me how nice it is to live somewhere where the whole town has one priority and that priority is Family!!

8 comments:

Abes and Stace said...

That would be fun to live in a small town. You have a cute little family Mel!

Abes and Stace said...

I know, I'm sorry! But I wasn't about to talk about my news at YOUR baby shower. That would be so rude.
I am 7 wks is all and due dec. 9th. This was actually why I needed the lowdown on Larkin but I wasn't going to say anything until I was a little further along.
I am pretty queasy all the time which is now making me think its a girl because I was really queasy with Brin and not so much with Dom. We'll see! I wish I was at least far enough along to look like a prego girl instead of just a fat A!

Letters-2-Lily said...

I went online to see the paper and I thought it was funny because they said that the kid in the pic was about to "whack" the ball! I think Nephi is the only town that you are allowed to say whach in the newspaper!! Cute pic of Brady though!!

The Felix Family said...

That is so fun!! I bet he was really excited!

Mills Family said...

oh hoe fun that brayden is in the paper, and good job Aj for taking 5th in the spelling bee cant wait to see the newspaper pic.

Christensen's said...

I can't believe you are due so soon!!! I wanted to get Kempton into t-ball this year, but I guess they have to be five years old through Orem city. Sounds like you are keeping busy!

Jamie said...

That is great about your sweet boys!! Jon would love to move to small town. I think I would enjoy it too.
Are you getting ready for this baby?? DO you guys habe a name picked out yet?
Congrats on your house:]

Jenny and Jake said...

What a fun town! Jake would love to live in a smaller town someday, we'll see where we end up after Ohio:)